Sam's Story

I started this blog for Sam. I have a family blog and I have taken the entries from that blog that have anything to do with Sam. It starts with the day I announced that baby #3 was on it's way...enjoy Sam!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It doesn't end just because I think it should

I just got off the phone with a friend who knows someone whose baby was just diagnosed with HLHS. I don't know why it shook me so much. I think it is because I have accepted that this kind of thing happens. I realize that the world still goes around, even when it stopped for us. But now that I am aware of this new world of "heart kids" and "heart babies" it just doesn't seem right that that there have to be more cases each day. More parents are getting the same upsetting news that something is just not right with their baby. Why can't the kids that are out there suffering be enough? Why do there have to be more?

No comments:

Post a Comment