I was looking through my journal entries to Sam and I found this. It's fun to remember what made me fall in love with the name Sam to begin with, so here it is...
Sam,
Hey baby. It feels like I haven’t caught you up on what has been going on lately. It has only been 3 weeks since we learned that you have a special heart. We have had a roller coaster of emotions. I think the thing I most want to write about now is why I chose and love the name Sam.
First of all, it’s just a cute name. There was a really cute boy named Sam in my neighborhood when I was young. The name is also a Book of Mormon name. Sam is Nephi’s righteous brother, and so is Jacob. That’s a good reason to name you Sam, but it’s not my reason. My reason is actually a funny one. There is a book called Leonardo the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems. Jake and Allie love that book. They can both quote it word for word. So here’s where the Sam part comes in. Leonardo was a terrible monster who couldn’t scare anyone. It was quite distressing to him that he couldn’t find anyone who was scared of him. So he researched until he found “the most scaredy cat kid in the whole world.” Then you turn the page and all it says is “Sam”.
It’s important that you know that I don’t want to name you Sam because of the scaredy cat kid thing. I want to name you Sam because when the kids turn that page, they both say “Sam” in the cutest way. It melts my heart the way Allie says “Sam”. It makes me smile a huge smile the way Jake says “Sam”. So for that very reason, I love the name Sam.
I wanted my heart to smile every time I heard Jake and Allie say your name.
I hope you like the name.
I love you Sam.
Love, Mom
"No Greater Joy"
11 years ago
I love the name sam and I love the reason you named him sam! Love you, Lori
ReplyDeleteAll amazing reasons to name him Sam. Thank you for sharing that. I want you to know that Sam has touched my heart and my life. He's a very special boy.
ReplyDelete